Friday 10 April 2009

Get well My Little friend

Today I was in town and I decided to drop by GH to visit the chubby 3 year old boy I met during the Program Pendedahan Kerjaya sbg Doktor.

Its sad I dont really know his name for I can only remember when his mother asked him to tell us his name, he said his name was Shuai Ke 帅哥, meaning Handsome and cool man literally. We laughed, he laughed. It was true and boy he knew it. Boy, this young man was really cute! He was active like anyother 3 year old. However, he had bruises all over and when the paeditrician examined him, the poor little boy's mother was warned : Her baby boy has an 80 to 90 % chance of having leukaemia - the poor mum 's biggest fear as bruises all over the skin was a prominent symptom of leukaemia. His mum started crying, eyes filled with tears like any mother would.

He was 3. He hasn't fallen from his first bicycle ride. He has yet to scream, shout, rush to the canteen as the school bell rang. He has yet to meet his first girlfriend................ and if it really is leukaemia, he may not be able to experience these little things we often take for granted.

I went to the ward, I looked all around. He wasn't there. I couldn't ask the nurses for I did not know his real name which I am sure is not 帅哥。 Where ever he is, whether discharged or moved to another ward and hopefully not the ICU pls, I would like to wish him all the best, fight whatever this disease(pls let it not be leukaemia) is, and live a life that's full.

4 comments:

chong shu yi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chong shu yi said...

hei lets not worry too much,
I remember that boy's name is liew zi jian.
He will recover,I believe! He is still young and the technology now is so advanced, God will bless him.

tskhoo said...

oh god. wat was the first comment. i did not delete it. darn...issh something wrong d my blogger

tskhoo said...

hey shuyi.:) yeah wow u guys still remember leh! shame on me, i dont know. haha. Yes we must have faith in him. He must and he will recover maybe we'll knock into him in the streets a few years later and eh.. say "hey shuaike !its u" if we can still recognize him that is.