Monday 27 July 2009

Where is the Boy?

GOne, Missing, Vanished, an act of magic? Hmmmm..... Where did this little boy go? Certainly not Yugoslavia. He was in TheCollege of Knowledge-Gopeng and then he travelled to a distant land called Perlis. THe College of THe Endangered Species and finally he came back to where it all started - Penang.

So its Gopeng, Perlis, Penang.

So on friday afternoon, this little clown felt a little down as he sees his friends and practically 90% of the other students boarding buses or hopping gleefully onto their parents' automobiles. SOme are enjoying themselves in shopping malls. He asks himself
" WHY? WHY? WHY? " " why must this happen to me "
Bt wait, he's not alone, his two other brudas are still there. Bt they are far far away back in their rooms. While I, as u would u see in the movies, broken.down.dead.suicidal. I was at the bistro. HEads down, at the "pub" style table, with a cup of not aShaken Martini but Iced Tea in one hand. Suicidal. And then, a few angels emerged to save me from a certain death. They were the birthday girls and gang, Boon Siew Motors, Suk Yik Sweet , Ru En Entao and another girl of which i forgot her name. They were the angels sent from heaven, showering me with human compassion and care, lifting me out of the pits of hell. Ok did i go too far?

Anyway, so at 5 I, being a madman, rushed through all those packing and bathing and quickly got on to the college bus ready to leave for Perlis. And when the bus was about to leave, I realized I forgot my blazer for the public speaking( event which shall not be named)competition. So, I rushed back to my room miles away and back. The bus left and we arrived at the college in Perlis at around 12am I must say.
Checked into our 5 star hostels. Went into the bathroom, checked the room and discovered countless new species of insects : Spiders on my bed and more...... in the toilet. Jasper, Adam, I-man and the famed Al and I were in the same room. We couldnt help but feel very grateful for us being sent to Perak and not Perlis.

And so the games began. Waking up at 6am evryday, shouting war chants, singing songs, going for games. The whole team went into the drains except for the girls netball team and our beloved tennis doubles team Jasper and Iman who got silver. Intense. Meanwhile, I lost pants down. My speech " IN search of that everlasting stream" with the theme global peace, made me the crowd favourite, and yes, my coach and Madam Ng were very impressed with it. But the point is, the judges didnt really like it to be a winning piece. WHy? Heres what they commented on mine:
a) " Too natural spontaneous and entertaining"
b) Lacked seriousness

I have to admit. All of the other speakers memorized their speeches and yes that was a more secured path but me being hard headed, I really didnt feel like memorizing my speech for I believe public speaking is to be natural, spontaneous, entertaining and be able to create a rapport with the audience but of course with substance in the speech. Well, I did repeatedly say

Science is being raped ladies and gentlemen. For it has being utilized not for the good of man, but for the creation of devastating killing machines.

Well anyhow, i enjoyed myself, being on the team and all. But, I felt really sorry for our college too. Really sorry. But well its too late to apologize, so lets just stop and stare at the trophies in the hands of the other colleges. On the last night, there was a closing ceremony and there were songs. ANd so, I observed, all the other college students were dancing around to the rythm of the music but as I turned and looked at our team, we were so down, we were like dead logs slumped on our seats. Ofcourse, we met quite a few interesting characters and people there to our delight.

Penang.
Adams parents treated me to seafood! Crabs!!!!
Went home. Hugged my grandparents. Lied on the floor. Happy.
More Penang food to come.
Swam! under the hot 1pm sun. The total distance now is 2km. Today I added an extra Km to my swimming meter. Tomorrow its gonna be an extra 1.2km i hope. Well I do have to live up to my name as a "swimmer" back in Gopeng right.
Wait, Now I have to go help out with my father. TO the hokkien chinese, todays a big day, the day when the doors of the skies open.

And of course some delicious photos from the UNESCO World Heritage Anniversary Celebration
in Georgetown.
helping my sis with T-shirt printing for Anak Anak Kota.


Yummy Biceps. Wait those are not Photoshopped k!

Who's more dead. I think u know the answer
Me at AAK's booth. Nice to see my friends, colleagues and queen again



Helping out or rather posing for Penang Heritage Trust Papa PRoject.Copy AhlPha 1. Copy. The governor has left the mosque.




With so much love you'd be drowning,
tshin