Monday 23 February 2009


After my CPR exams, I received a call from Mr Chua( a person I did not even know) asking me whether I could give a tour of Georgetown and a few historical sites there on bike. I, without asking what this was for, who's attending it, have they obtained police permit, agreed. So, I arrived on time, in fact I was early. Then, I met Mr Chua who's actually a Guang Ming Daily Reporter and secretary for some Penang Cycling Lifestyle Association. A very jolly fellow, I see a lot of myself in him. Very funny guy. He was super the friendly and he introduced me to a few people who were starting to arrive. Initially, I thought to myself, " Hmm,, just as I expected 6 or 7 cycling freaks like me, should be not a big problem"

I was so WRONG. Then, more and more people arrived on all sorts of bicycles. Tall, short, three-wheeled(featured on the STar Netro today), 4-wheeled pink bicycles with ribbons at the ends of the handle slowly arrived. ANd suddenly, Mr Chua introduced me to someone with the gelaran Y.b Y.B..Oh Y.B. Teh.

Oh rupa-rupanya this project " Exploring Georgetown on Bike Project" was an initiative by Y.B. Teh from Tg Bungah. He was real friendly towards me and all. By the time I finished having a short chat with Y.B Teh, my god, 2 to 3 police outriders arrived on their classy superbikes. Walao! Then, I began to panick. Crap! Not 7 or 20 cyclists but 100 cyclists. MY GOD! ANd whats worse, I am the ONLY tour guide and so called captain. I didnt know when I was promoted to Captain all of a sudden, being a totally blur-dono-anything newbie there.

Soon, the launch began and Y.B. Teh invited me to be positioned next to him when the press started clicking away. My GOD! Bangganya! Y.B. allocated a the space beside him for me you know! Then, the tour was flagged off.


~ It's not everyday a boy gets to cycle through the streets of Georgetown with 2 police outriders right in front of you and 100 cyclist following behind you. ~

Our first stop was Hai Kee CHan or Penang Peranakan Mansion. I gave a very short "lecture" on my favourite topic- Secret Societies of Penang after all Hai Kee CHan was the former HQ of GHee Hin. ANyway it continued on in this manner:

* cycle, stop, listen to tengshin explain, give applause even though its damn boring, and cycle again.. *


It ended at CHeong Fatt Tze Mansion and we moved on to Little Penang Street Market. People were staring, of course. We sat down, had our breakfast there and chatted. Oh, I was sitting at this table with this very familiar-looking woman. She was one of the people who listened intently while I was explaining and she asked what I was doing, which school was I from...... Of course, I took this opportunity to advertise AAK. And soon after that did I realize, she was Lydia Ong, the State Exco for Sports and Womens Affair!!! My God, another State Exco and Y.B.! Then, a gang of STate excos arrived(they didnt join us previously) giving their compliments to Y.B. Teh and all. It seems that a lot of the people there were either Y.B.s themselves or were working for Y.B.s. And, Y.B. Lydia Ong was so kind, she insisted in belanjaing me for breakfast eventhough I declined repeatedly. And after that, I took a photo with YB Teh and YB Lydia Ong. But I cant upload it right now as someoone else took it for me using her camera. And, the YBs even asked for my handphone number, email and name you know! Walao! SO syokman! *winks and grins at selven, my colleague* XD


My god! Thank god I accepted the offer! It was so Damn FUN!!!


And finally, there's an interactive game. Its simple to play.
How to play :
1. Look at the newspaper cutting below.
2. Locate Me
3. Locate Me
4. Cant find? Try harder.
5. Try even harder.
6. There, I told you, definitely can find one!









2 comments:

Kye Chiun said...

WOHOO...WOW...
thats kinda great.. xD
not bad huh...tshin boss really famous liao...hahaha...
geng la u...lead those ybs..nxt time bring us go kia kia la...but
got 收费 one mou? hahahaha

Gratz again...xD

tskhoo said...

sure. anytime bring u all go kiakia! haha! it appears to be so great for me but i m not that great lah! XD. I also didnt expect YBs to come also. Some more police outriders.Haha so lukcy