Wednesday 7 January 2009

Hello guys I'm back!!! Yeah I have not been updating my blog for quite some time. Well, I can hardly find time to do that nowadays. No. Simply not possible, not when one is working 9-6(as an intern for Anak-anak Kota),visits his ill grandfather at the general hospital after work and tutors his sister on her homework after dinner everyday ( a deal between me n my mum).

My grandfather's down with pneumonia and there's a high possibility that's not the only one illness that's robbing him of his ability and basic strength to rise & sit up straight, not to mention walk. He used to be an avid hiker. He climbs up hills even when he's already in his late seventies. He was a sportsman alright. He was. Now, he can't even walk without support. This seemed to happen overnight. Even after SPM, I could still remember him driving my sister to piano classes and all. Now, he can no longer drive definitely. When I accompanied him back from KL, he could still walk though in staggering foot steps. It's just unbelievable. However, he smoked. But he was definitely no irresponsible and inconsiderate smoker unlike the ones we see today. Yes, smoking is still wrong. Everytime he smokes, he "hides" and distances himself away from us. He knows the effects of second hand smoke to our lungs alright but still he tends to be ignorant of what cigarette smoke is doing to him.

Soon enough, his condition turned for the worse. He was warded. It was the typical open ward. A houseman who at one point was dealing with my grandpa was a total moron. He's not only impatient but rude. He gives us the feeling that he just hates dealing with patients. Why become a doctor in the first place asshole! If you cant deal with stress, dont let it out on the patients. Ok, before I get carried away cursing this piece of degenerate, I'll just put a cork to this bottled frustration and anger( we did not want to antagonize the doctors for the fear that they could just slip some kind of alkaloid into grandpas veins, though it may not be that farfetched) .But that was certainly a bad experience that we had at GH.

However, soon my grandfather was moved to the first class ward coz my aunts a teacher and its totally free. ANother thing about my grandfather is that he dislikes people helping him in anyway and he persists in doing everything he can. However, though on the surface, he hates to bother us, but we could still how badly he wanted us to be by his side.

Within his 4 day stay at the open ward which was solely for patients with respiratory disorders, 2 men just passed away right before my grandfather's eyes. One was just beside him. My parents and I myself ran into another one being pushed away in a metal "coffin" with words labelled Bukan Islam on its side.

So, it's a message to you smokers out there. Stop while you can before you lie on your deathbed regretting what you've just done with your life. My grandpa made a mistake and he regretted it. So lets hope we wont.

No comments: