Friday 26 December 2008

Tour De Kuala Lumpur

And so on a sunny morning, three nerds stood gallantly on the more than majestic Platform 11/12 of the Royal Sungai Nibong Bus Terminal. As we boarded the bus in our shining armour, The Chung Ling Maths Nerds Envoy bade goodbye to Penang and began their long journey to Kuala Lumpur, the battlefield. Prepared to fight to their deaths, the 3 mathsketeers geared themselves up throughout the treacherous journey on the PLUS highway. One was to deal with the secondary school questions in 30minutes, the 2nd player was to finish 3 sets of sudokus in 30 minutes too and the last player(the brainy one) was to complete the more than challenging 30 IQ questions. We stopped at Klang, had our stomachs full of chicken rice and we were soon navigating through the extremely confusing roads of Klang in my beloved aunt Joon's Iswara. I'd really like to thank her for being so helpful throughout this trip. Not only did she ferried us around, but also so willingly allowed us to "tumpang" in her home. That was Friday.

Saturday. We arrived early fortunately for we could not locate HELP University College at first as we had to go down 2 flights of stairs before seeing a small door with HELP labelled above it.
I came in late for the briefing and 200 pairs of eyes were fixed upon me, scurrying across the front stage, apologizing repeatedly to the speaker. Then, my phone rang and I had to pick it up for it was Fahmi, Yokepin's contact person in KL who will be selling the AAK calendars at the KL Central Market. After making some arrangements, my aunt managed to pass the calendars to Fahmi while I calmed myself down for the competition. I was the first player.

Went in the "exam" room as my other friends waited alongside other player 2 and 3s. We were supposed to wear out school uniforms. However, a few boys and girls just dont seem to understand and some even wore hot pants to a maths competition. Boy, the question was quite tough but thankfully I managed to pull it through though not in a perfect manner. At the end of it, we were served Nasi Lemak for lunch. After 2 hours of long wait, we were finally allowed to enter the auditorium for the results. At that time, we were prepared not to get anything back. A net loss was definite as Kok Wei, too felt that he did badly at that time. We were team 4. ANd heres how the announcement went:
The first of the 3 finalists is team fourrrrrrrrrrrrrteen. Ahhh!
Second team , team fouuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrtyseven. My god!
Third team, team fourrrrrrrrrrrrrr(and that was the end)

Hah! Our legs went soft. We sat at our respective positions on stage and so the quiz began. And, miraculously, we won! The first prize for goodness sakes!!!!! Money and full scholarship to study A levels at HELP for the three of us. Gossssh!
Kok Wei playing the "mrbean" game during break



When we returned to our seats, the most astonishing and should i say thing to be proud of for me was the girls sitting behind me asked for my autograph and of course, I was shocked, petrified and of course (syoksendiri dan banggalah). I dont even know them, have not even spoken a word to them throughout the competition and here they are asking for my autograph. This was the first time someone actually asked for MY autograph, hence a historic day it is for me! Hence, of course I did give it to them and initiated a conversation with them until I was interrupted by the emcee (darn, i was about to get their emails or phone no.s)well, one has to stay connected with one's fans kan. (call me thick skinlah but i still feel very syokleh ;) )

We are so GAY(happy that is)!!!!

Nothing is ever complete without my signature post ;)
Then , our shopping journey began:

-Took a taxi to KL Central
-Took the Rapid KL to Pasar Seni
-Wandered around asking people how to get to Pudu from there
-Amazed at the number of immigrants in KL( everywhere we go, on the bus, Pudu 51 % of the -people there were not Malaysians in the Malaysian capital, how ironic)
-Bought engkeong n kokweis tickets
-took the LRT to Berjaya Times Square
-nearly got into a brawl with 6 Malay samsengs who was cari pasaling with us, since there were only 3 of us who were not locals. One of them deliberately hit the water bottle I was holding and I shouted loudly at him. He was kinda shocked became mad and came forward asking for a fight. Then I realized there's no good giving in to such a moron's wish- that is for a fight. Being a boy with severe inferiority complex, he must have wanted to flex his muscles in Berjaya Times Square. Seeing that we were 3 nerds who were not locals while there were 6 of them hooligans, we could not have possibly won and boy they looked dangerous. Hence, we kinda quickly scurried off. Hah! Degenerates! - that was the only bad experience that we had.
- after strolling around for another 3 hours, we took the LRT back to KL Central
-from Kl Central, we took the superbly crowded KTM Komuter to Subang Jaya
- then we met this really really nice Malay bus driver who offered to send us right to my aunts house even though buses dont go as far as my aunts house. He was real friendly, helpful and well he did look like TOm Cruise, no wonder all the Indonesian girls were all sitting next to him, trying to catch a wink i suppose.

Sunday- my friends went back first as I scouted around for colleges together with my uncle

Monday- took a bus back from Klang. the driver was another asshole. my grandfather who's really sick and weak, was walking quite slowly back to the bus from the restroom and yes the bus was waiting for him. And the driver was like telling the other driver impatiently :

"aiyo apek jalan begitu lambat. tgklah dia, jalan relax sje, tgk dia jalan pun taulah dia. slow slow sje
aiyo apek cepatlah. haiyerrrr! "

Stupid fellow. You seem to forget that one day u will grow old and weak too. Takda brains memang takda brains punya organismlah.

And that was my trip to KL. Now, being extremely exhausted after cycling from Padang Kota all the way to Balik Pulau, I can no longer blog on this great experience of mine.

So long!



3 comments:

U-Jean said...

Congrats! Now can belanja! Heck, you're richer than me

Anonymous said...

wow...thats great... Gratz ya...
oisheh....then nxt time go out icall u d...sure all girls come find u liao eh.. xD

tskhoo said...

haha! nolah. maybe coz i m very chubby! hehe like a tomato