Sunday 7 December 2008

A fruitful weekend

Arghhhh! They got my name, address, message for my friends and school all wrong in my graduation magazine and I am well, utterly disappointed with it. I am curious how can they get my name wrong and add another no 4 to my address and yet again get my personal message wrong whereas there were no mistakes for my other schoolmates. Come on, this is a a once in a life time graduation magazine. Dont they do proofreading? Well i am sure they do but why me only??????

Well what the hecklah! Anyway, whats more important is that I have spent a more than fruitful weekend.

Saturday
Woke up early on Saturday. Yes as early as 5am to accompany my sis and parents to Campbell street Market for the Opera Pasar performance. I have to say, it was a really great performance. The dim sum scene, the berus gigi chant, fantastic, graceful and really cute and chubby dancers... all add up to make this musical production a unique one. Basically, their message was to save and preserve this historical Campbell street market. The crowd was supportive and yes AAK came out on the Star Metro again! However, I feel that we really need to have a large reusable banner which says something like " this is a AAK presentation. " as sort of a publicity strategy and hang it up as a backdrop for every AAK performance.

Next , my father and I went over to Khoo Kongsi and boy, there were waves and waves of tourists coming in and in. We did not need to pay for we were clansmen and my father went on with his research on Khoo Kongsi. I have to say, my father is now really crazy over his research work on Khoo Kongsi that he works till early mornings to complete his Indiana Jones- like journal.
AAK in ACTION!

Sir Francis Khoo

Sunday
woke up late having watched Friends on the net till 2 .30 am the previous night. Headed for breakfast- Hokkien mee along Beach Street ( it was good. recommended) and for Little Penang Street Market where the next performance was to be held. Helped set up the AAK booth with Siew Bee and Li Fen where paintings, sketches and calendars done by children and students during the arts workshop were displayed and sold. I must say I was quite impressed with the fact that Penangites and tourists alike have become more aware of supportive of Little Penang. The crowd was arousing. Opera Pasar was to be the first performance and the audience LOVED it. Then, right after the show, an announcement was made and me and my team went in ----- to sell the handpainted-scanned-reprinted AAK calendars to the audience. Zhao Wei and I sold quite a number of calendars ( which surprised me ) to the very supportive crowd along with our other "competitors" : Pei Shan, Siew Bee , my mum, dad, and Jens team.

Lepas tu, pergi Padang have Lok Lok. Went back, slept ,had dinner, studied my undang and update this blog
Attention ladies : Check out the boy with the muscles, no not the one with the cap



Trying our luck
And here he is AGAIN!!!!




And please do check out the video below.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wan go 2.....

Anonymous said...

go where??