Friday 23 November 2007

AAK Arts Camp

I havent been free till now as I was involved inan arts camp. I came to know abt this arts camp when michelle n sheau fung contacted me. I was originally supposed to be the artist's assistant for the toymaking workshop but in the end due to insufficient participation in the TOY making workshop, I had the chance to participate. I joined Music AGAIN. but yokepin didnt want me in music since I was always in Music since last year. I joined Toy making with Aaron in the end.

The Toy making workshop was really helluva fun for us. Sylvester our facilitator was a 100x magnification of me, the gila type. So it made the camp even better. David Yeo was our artist. I have to give credit to David for he can build toys from simply anything you can find in your bedroom now. There's the "slinger", blow pipes, "shoot the chicken".......The most important thing was that wevery toy we learnt had scientific principles behind them and after each toy we had to complete some sort of PEKA.

From these principles we have learnt, we were divided ioto 4 groups to invent and build our own toy. Ours was on airflow. Initially we planned to build a plane then a bus then finally we named our hovercraft the AIRBUS. It served as a good proposal to Rapid Penang Ferry Services though! Hehezzz

The other workshops were like GRAFFITI, MUSIC< DANCE< BICYLCEFLOAT. The camp KILLED the boredom in me!

No comments: