Saturday 18 August 2007

1st Day of Holidays

It's Saturday and everyone's happy on Saturdays. Now it's even better it's the holidays. Nevertheless, I had to be knocked out of my sleep at 5.30am to prepare myself for the Olympic Day Run which was organized by Mcdonalds and endorsed by the IOC(international olympics committee). Well our dear PJ teacher was going to give us marksfor our PJ for our participation in this.

There're marks involved right? So, every classmate of mine became very eager to join it- just for the marks. That's how it is nowadays. Marks, marks, marks. Even some consider the others who help teachers and who try to remain in the teachers' good books as "P.L.Ps" or simply the "po-fesionals". WHere has all the love and sincerity gone???

Anyway, the registration part at Youth Park wasnt that amusing. It was quite unorganized and late. Firstly, we did the warm ups with Ronald Macdonald, some aerobic professionals and even the GM and MD of Mcdonalds Malaysia, not to forget Dr Teng Hock Nam. Then the race begun.

At first, I was at front line of the starting line and managed to maintain there but my bladder was bothering me. So I had to make a detour to the loo. Anyway I finished the route which starts and ends at Youth Park(7km or so they say) in 40 minutes. Although it may not be any achievement but there's the self satisfaction. When I reached the finishing line and was queuing up to register my no. for those dont know within how many placing, there was this man who cut the queue to get himself a better placing. Now this is an example of uncivilized Pgites. Tak tahu malu! PEI!

We also got free Marigold products and Ribena. As for the lucky draw, 3 of my classmates got hampers and 6 tickets to Genting altogether. Hence we are planning a trip to Genting in the year end holidays.

Today is also a special day for my school as it is it's 90th birthday or anniversary. I was in charge of the Robotics Club's Exhibition so I had to rush from Youth Park back home then back to school for my duty.The crowd was not as much as expected but I guess there will be more tomorrow as tonight will be the gala dinner thing . The school is doing it in a big scale this year. They even invited famous Pg hawker food like the Pg Road Cendol and Char Koay Teow,laksa...... to my school to set up stalls for the 3000 plus plus visiting alumni.

No comments: